Heal the Bay Aquarium Visit Highlights:
- Heal the Bay Aquarium is located beach-level at the Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California.
- Meet 100+ species of local ocean animals and algae found in Santa Monica Bay.
- Explore our Under the Pier Exhibit, a big 2,200-gallon tank with giant sea bass, halibut, leopard sharks, and more.
- Get a feel for sharks, rays, and tide pool creatures in our interactive touch tanks.
- View horn sharks and swell sharks up close and get the facts about apex predators.
- Examine sea life through microscopes and learn about marine science.
- Observe animal feeding demonstrations at 1pm and 3pm on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Observe the majestic moon jellies and meditate on the beauty of healthy underwater environments.
- Learn about Heal the Bays history and discover the ways you can protect the ocean.
- Visit our Shop for sustainable goodies, plushies, green travel items, and limited-edition Heal the Bay gear.
- View our full event calendar for more activities.
- All proceeds benefit Heal the Bay's mission to protect the coastal waters and watersheds of Greater Los Angeles through science, education, advocacy, and community action.
- Hours of Operation: Wednesday-Sunday, 12:00pm-4:00pm PST
Members Make a Difference! Heal the Bay Aquarium Members help protect the ocean and enjoy the aquarium all year round with 12 months of unlimited free visits, exclusive member benefits, and valuable discounts. Visit healthebay.org/aquariummembership to learn more.
Birthday Party Rentals: Make your party planning easier while supporting Heal the Bay. Invite your family and friends to Heal the Bay Aquarium under the Santa Monica Pier for a fin-tastic birthday party for your child–it’s the next best thing to actually being under the sea! Visit healthebay.org/birthday to learn more and book your birthday party rental today.
Wednesday: 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm-4:00 pm